Friday, May 6, 2011

2011 D23 Gift

Today, D23 members who renewed their membership for 2011 received the following email:



To be honest I did not really give much thought to the fact that there was not a gift this year.  The first year members received a poster (of Mickey's annual portrait) and last year members received a calendar (a two year calendar featuring abandoned projects of the company's past - I love turning to the next month and reading about the artwork for the month).

Does anyone want to wager a guess on what this year's gift could be?

2 comments:

  1. I told Nick that he should be expecting his D23 emblazoned crystal punch bowl set in a few weeks, but that seems a tad impractical.

    My next thought turned to some sort of standard 'merch' ideas like a t-shirt, canvas bag, vinylmation, or pin of some kind. And while the canvas bag is a definite possibility it just seems to simple and easy.

    So my official guess is a book, a small reproduction of Walt's diary or sketch book? Possibly containing some correspondences from when he originally arrived in California in '23.

    But keep in mind that I am just taking a complete shot in the dark here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first and immediate thought was a commemorative pin. Disney has a proclivity for handing out pins.

    Then I remembered they already sent us a rather gawdy pin.

    I then wondered if this email could have been a mistake. After all, if you renewed at the gold level, they sent you a (very nice, by the way) free watch.

    My hope is that the gift has something to do with the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World. A vintage park map from the opening would be really cool. Maybe some replica A-E tickets?

    ReplyDelete