Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Honey I Shrunk the Wall-E

The last time I was in WDW, almost a year ago (which is TOO LONG!), I was babysitting my niece, and we happened upon the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area.  I could not believe how much she enjoyed just running around, going down the slides, and climbing through the ropes course.

But I was thinking the other day, that it might be time to revamp that area.

If I was an Imagineer...



I would convert the Honey I Shrunk the Kids area into a Wall-E play area.  I would model the area after the 'earth' of the movie, and have the blocks of crushed trash and debris used as building blocks, as well as large piles of blocks and trash around the whole area.

I could envision one pile of trash having tunnels through it, so kids can climb in and around it.  Maybe using a Buy-N-Large billboard sign as a jungle gym/monkey bars.  I can also see Wall-E's house with all of his things, and Christmas lights strung about (of course including his tape of Hello Dolly).  I envisioned having a ropes course go from Wall-E's house to Eve's space ship, with a great big twisty slide all the way down to the finish.

Play area - brought to you by Buy-N-Large


My niece also really loved sitting on top of the ant that is currently part of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids area. So I think it would be appropriate to have a larger then life model of Hal, Wall-E's pet cockroach for playing on and photo ops.

And finally I also imagined making another slide out of a Buy-N-Large sign and having more debris and trash supporting it., kind of like the film canister slide of the current attraction.

This is how I would update the play area in Disney's Hollywood Studios, making small changes, to keep it up to date, fun and safe for kids, and interesting.


Can you think of any trash inspired 'kiddie' play things?

No comments:

Post a Comment